If you are a frequent flier, you know that costs can run sky-high for your travels. Luckily, airlines allow you to cash in on your miles in various forms. Proper planning is all that’s required to earn some sweet rewards.
People often make the mistake of not bothering about their air miles. They regard it as a waste of time and miss out on a great opportunity. Accumulating airline miles is no rocket science; just a bit of effort and you can access some neat offers for your next trip.
Several airlines operate on a tier system. The higher you are, more privileges you get. Travellers, especially frequent fliers, have to be on the active lookout for these offers.
How? Here are the top 5 ways of redeeming your air miles
- Seat Upgrade: Oh, how we love the business class! Flying with some extra legroom is always worth it. Accumulate points for long enough, and you can use them to upgrade your seat on the next long flight. Now that is some first-class happiness! The upgrade can easily be done by utilising air miles during booking or by approaching the airline manager at the counter.
- Rewards Store: Several airlines have a rewards program where you can redeem your air miles for gifts. You can browse through their catalogue and select your favourite products. There are a variety of products that you can opt for like:
- Kitchen and Cookware
- Health and Beauty products
Each product can be bought in exchange for a set number of air miles. If you’re a frequent flier, you can use your miles to gift yourself or someone else a nice reward. While you can surely use your air miles for in-flight purchases especially if you are flying with the principal airline, some programs also have an online reward store that let you make purchases from the comforts of your homes.
- Gift Your Air Miles: Wanting to surprise someone with a gift lately? Air miles might just be a perfect choice. You can transfer your points to another person’s account, which they can redeem for their own purposes. Enjoy the smile on their faces. The process is surprisingly easy
- Board Free Flights: If you have enough air miles, you can even book a flight for free! The world is your oyster. Take that vacation you’ve been putting off for the past 6 months. It’s fun to enjoy some free time off, all paid for, thanks to your flight booking skills.
- Book Hotels: Airlines have tie-ups with hotels in many destinations. Since you also need a place to stay during your trip, these reward points can come in handy while booking a hotel. You can recover the cost of your flight right there and smile at your wallet. Premium hotels are often covered under airline policy, so get ready to be pampered!
- Tank up- You can use your air miles to fill fuel in your vehicles with Fuel partnerships that few airlines/loyalty and rewards programme offer their members.
Don’t make the mistake of not being diligent about your air miles. While most people are intimidated by the effort it seems to take; in reality, it is quite simple. Travel smart, hold on to these miles and redeem them for sweet freebies.