There’s a pair of contacts that’s a comfortable fit for just about every eye shape and that can meet almost any corrective lens needs. At an eye clinic, contact lens patients can select from a variety of options.
Which Contact Lenses Are Right for You?
The right type of contact lenses depends on your individual needs and preferences.
- Gas Permeable Lenses (GP) – GP lenses have a rigid, polished surface that delivers the sharp vision correction. To maintain comfort, they require daily wear. These might also be recommended for patients with particular eye conditions.
- Soft Lenses – These lenses are the most comfortable to wear and are a good choice for individuals who plan to switch between glasses and contacts.
- Combination – These lenses feature a GP center with a soft edge, offering high visual acuity and comfort.
- Toric Lenses – A different shape, these correct corneal curvature for patients with astigmatism.
- Multifocal Lenses – Contact lenses are available for patients with presbyopia to correct vision up close and at a distance.
- Extended Wear – These lenses can be worn for multiple days.
- Daily Wear – These lenses are designed for single use and should be discarded after wearing.
During a contact lens examination, our eye doctor will help you determine the best lenses to meet your needs and suit your personal preferences.