health Food pyramid
It is a guide illustrating the different types of foods that humans need on a daily basis divided into groups in a way that illustrates the quantities required of each group, and therefore a section in the form of a broad-based pyramid, which is smaller as we go up, and was placed by the USDA in the year One thousand and two, and did not explain The pyramid of quantities specifically but gave a general idea about it, as a proportion and proportionality, that the needs of human being different at different ages, the needs of the child, adolescent, young and old, and the elderly different from each other, as well as differences depending on the gender, as young people need proteins and greater energy the fact that Their bodies tend to build muscles, while women need more iron because of what they lose every month in the menstrual cycle, as well as many other items during pregnancy and lactation.
Health Food pyramid Groups
Food has been divided into five groups, which the human body needs in certain quantities to build its body, perform its vital functions, and thus enjoy good health, and these groups have not given names that they contain more than one type of food, but generally focus on a particular type of food contained in these More food than others, namely:
- The first group: it occupies the top of the pyramid, i.e. the body needs it in small quantities and limited, including sweets, sugars, oils, butter, and obesity, which provide the body with energy, but its content is very high, which causes obesity, and increase the likelihood of contracting diseases .
- The second group: is the collection of milk and dairy products, from milk, cheese and others, which are rich in calcium, which are important for building bones, teeth, muscle health, etc., and contain many fat-soluble vitamins.
- The third group: This group includes various protein sources such as red meats such as lamb, goats, and seafood such as fish, shrimp, as well as legumes such as lentils, beans, peas, as well as eggs.
The second and third groups share the same level of the health pyramid, both of which contain protein, but taking into account the intake of milk and dairy products in order to obtain calcium.
- The fourth group: This collection contains all vegetables and fruits, and it supplies many nutrients such as fiber, minerals, vitamins, complex carbohydrates, as well as liquids, and the body needs a lot more than previous foods as the group before.
- The fifth group: the base of the health food triangle, which is the largest group and includes the various grains and their products such as bread and pasta, they provide the body with the necessary energy to carry out its activities, in addition to fibers and minerals.