An antivirus is a software which is used to detect, prevent, and remove the virus and malicious software from your computer system. The virus can also be in the form of unwanted programs. They provide signature-based detection of the malware. Virus signature, also known as pattern, is based on unique codes within the malware. Antivirus software have evolved at the same pace with the virus threats and hence can Clear the virus [ล้างไวรัส, which is the term in Thai]. There are two types of antivirus one being paid while the other is free. However, there is always a possibility that your computer can get attacked by the virus even if there is an antivirus running in your computer system.
Advantages of installing an antivirus software
- Protection from the virus: The primary job of the antivirus is to detect, protect, and remove virus-like spyware, malware, worms, etc. from the computer system. They help you to protect the data available on the computer before the virus can do any harm.
- Protection from phishing: In simple terms, phishing is the process where a third person attempts to access your data. The person attempting to gain access to other data is known by the name hacker. It is done either with the intention of stealing the data or tampering of data.
- Web protection: Internet is the major medium that attracts a virus to your system. However, you cannot ignore the importance of the internet in your daily life. Antivirus helps you to experience virus free browsing by providing web protection. It takes control of online activities by limiting unauthorized access.
List of best antivirus software
- McAfee: McAfee is a paid antivirus software. It may seem a bit costly as compared to other antivirus software, but, the features of McAfee total protection are more advanced. They have a variety of features that helps you to keep your computer virus-free. It even removes the unwanted software from the system that is installed by the vendors.
- Avast: One of the important factors that attract the user to the Avast antivirus software is it gives you the opportunity to test its reliability before committing to its paid platform. The free version of Avast gives you a long way of protection.
- AVG Antivirus: It is one of the ideal options if you wish to protect your computer system without spending out serious cash. It is available for free and hence is one of the most preferred choices of the people.